Tabs

Monday, September 12, 2016

"I packed your ANGRY EYES just in case..." - Toy Story 2

Happy 20th Birthday Elder Peters!!!

Dear family & friends, 


It looks like it does gonna be at least 9 months for me in Larte'b. I'm happy because I don't have to pack up all my stuff. Elder Pohlsander and I are staying together. I'm excited because I will get to work on my 5k plan with the stake president and the other missionaries in my zone. 


The Baptisms of Rita and Margret went really well, it was fun because I got to get into the water and baptize Rita. There are a lot of cool feelings in this world, but helping someone into the waters of baptisms has got to be one of the most awesome! Both Margret’s and Rita’s families were so supportive of them and it was really cool to see how happy they were. The scripture:  15 “And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!


 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto I into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!”


Really thumps through your brain during every baptism you have because there is such incredible joy that is found in that. 


 Every baptism has an element of stress to it on the missionary side of things, especially when your acting ward mission leader is a recent convert himself and is still learning that part of his calling is asking people to do things and giving them assignments like saying the opening prayer and stuff like that, he is learning and is really humble about it so I am really grateful. 


Earlier in the week we got to go to a lady in the Mataheko ward's house because she asked the elders in her ward to paint it. They needed more help so they called me and asked if I would come help them. So Elder Pohlsander and I went and helped paint a house. It was a lot of fun, and it was cool to climb around on these big makeshift ladders made of nails and 2x4s and paint with ancient paintbrushes and things. I love mixing it up every now and again with things like that. It's always nice too when the woman your painting the house for decides to make you the biggest pile of rice and stew you've ever seen! It was so big! We were leaning back in our chairs moaning after the meal, but it was so good. She brought out a Tupperware box with more rice and stew and told us to take it home for dinner cuz it would spoil if we didn't. So we enjoyed more the next day. 


We are working on Esther and Isaac now, Esther is in a hard place because she literally sleeps at work. I called her on Saturday and asked her about her kid and she said that he was good "haven't seen him since Tuesday, but he's doing fine...” those are her exact words. She is working on Sunday a lot and it’s keeping her from progressing very well. Isaac has been hospitalized and we haven't seen him for the last 2 weeks. They don't like missionaries going to hospitals because of the recent Ebola over the past 2 years, and it’s really easy to catch different bad diseases as well there so we can't visit him. All we can do is pray for him. Elder Pohlsander and I are going to be re-building our teaching pool a little; you always want to be expanding it. 


Our ward choir is learning to sing I am a child of God in Twi, and we are learning along with them. I remember dad singing I am a child of God to me in Spanish sometimes when I would ask him to sing a lullaby for me when I was really little. Its gonna be cool to sing it in Twi for my kid one day. 


On Friday night we weren't sure who would get transferred and at MLC I was able to get Leslie a printed tag from the mission office and I also got him a CTR ring at the temple site when we were there last. I wasn't planning on giving it to him until after transfer news but he was leaving for Kasoa over the weekend and so I gave it to him on Friday night and he was SO HAPPY! I’ve never seen him show so much enthusiasm for something before; he's a really mellow kid. 


On Saturday Elder Pohlsander and I finished our day with choir practice and we went to the church, by this time it was dark and I set my bike aside and started talking to bro. Seth (a member in our ward) as I was talking with him elder Pohlsander came up and set his bike to the side and went over to sister grace, who was sitting down, and plopped a big ol toad on her lap. She screamed and shot strait up in her chair and launched the critter a good 6 feet away from her and went and hid in the ladies room. I felt bad for her, and luckily she has a really good sense of humor but I couldn't help but laugh. Elder Pohlsander apologized and told her that he just wanted her to meet his friend. I guess he found the toad in the parking lot of the church and wanted to show somebody. Funny stuff! 


I love you guys a ton! Keep doing awesome things and working hard at home!


Love, Elder Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment